Back to the day on 19th March 2015
Bee & I were at a nervous state because it's the meet-the-parents session! His grandparents came over our place too and we had a little chit (haha! To kill the awkward) before discussing about the wedding.
The session lasted for about 45 min.
By seeing our smiles, you should be able to guess it....
So glad everything went well as planned!! :) At first, my parents & I were so worried as Bee kept telling us his grandfather is a very straightforward person but who knows he was actually very friendly and smiley through the whole meeting session.
I guess his family were as nervous as us haha!
But first.... let us take a selfie! HAHA!!
***
So after the parents meeting session, we went down for site-seeing at Shangri-la Hotel about a week later. Our coordinator, I-lyn shows us around to view the Ballrooms and Garden Banyan Deck as well as going through the packages and the dinner menu.
We were looking at either 26 March 2016 (Tower Ballroom) or 7 May 2016 (Island Ballroom). These dates were given by Long shifu (aka Long Tian Xiang) during the time we visited him in early February. I don't mind any of these dates since it's only 5 ~ 6 weeks apart.
We couldn't book the venue yet because we were still looking into our guestlists. Tower Ballroom min tables were 40 and cap at 55. And for Island Ballroom min tables was 60 and can go up to 100. So it really depend on the tables we need, to decide on the Ballroom and the dates of the available ballroom.
We went back to discuss with the families and finally got back to I-lyn on the number of guests after 3 weeks of discussion. We didn't want to delay for too long as we're afraid there'll other potential couples might be also eyeing on the same dates as us. So must be quick! Now I truly understand why most of the couples usually booked their venue at least 1 year in advance! Because I've heard of a couple booked their venue for year 2018!
I-lyn told us there'll be a Wedding Showcase on 12 March and would like to invite us. At first, we rejected her offer as we see no point paying $68 nett fee per couple to attend a Wedding showcase but later she told us that it will benefit us in terms of the package we gonna sign and offers to waive off the fee so that we could attend. Super nice of her! :)
She said if we're able to confirm the Venue & Date (by putting a deposit of $5k) on that day, the hotel will throw in additional benefits such as Free-flow of draught beer, additional dessert, an upgrade of Bridal Suite for us on actual day, waiver of 1 table of 10 guests (this already saved us a table cost!).
Going forward.....
12th March 2015
The day has come.... I was relutant to wake up so early on a Sunday morning. The event starts from 11am to 3pm!
First thing we saw... Hello Forever Photobooth! Quickly pull Bee over to snap 2 shots hahaha!
Wanted to engage them but sadly, their price was too high compared to the rest in the industry. Imagine $1000++ for 2 hrs? Not worth.
Anyway, we've already booked our Photobooth with Lanovella way back in January even before we settle the venue! Haha I know right.... Venue & Date haven't confirm so fast book Photobooth for what...
There were promotional going on during the time I chanced upon Lanvella and we only paid $624 for 2-hrs instead of $780 (U.P). Somemore the promo got free complimentary to choose from, we chose the one that can top-up 30 more min extra service for free! So in total, 2 hr 30min for unlimited shot!!! Super worth it!
Went over to the Banyan Deck where is the place we're planning to hold our soleminization at in the evening before dinner. I've always wanted a garden wedding so Bee granted me this. Haha! Renting this place doesn't come cheap at all hor, the price was narrow down to $3k for us instead of $5k. Praying for good weather please!!!! That's the con for holding a outdoor solemnization. Or else we will proceed to Garden Terrace for the Tea Ceremony.
We've also started emailing Justice of Peace (JP) to wed us on 26th March 2016.
I know $3k wasn't a small sum but no choice la! Marriage only once a lifetime thing, I don't want to regret it in 10 years down the road I can foresee myself nagging at him for not being able to wed in a garden. Haha! So this money has to go...
This is how it would looked like.. I was thinking if the florist quote us some ridiculous price, I intend to DIY my own backdrop. The only way to Save cost!
Some simple deco is good enough :)
Don't need to spend so much on the deco lah since we will only be there for like 30min? After that we will proceed to the Ballroom recep.
Back to the showcase by La Belle.
Oh gosh! All the gowns were so beautiful!!
I can't wait to try on the gown too! Will be having our Pre-wedding shoot with Z Wedding in September. We were told to take the shoot 6 months before the wedding!
After the showcase, it's lunchtime at 1pm!
Look at the beautiful dessert corner. Many of us thought it was some deco and who knows it was actually edible!
The beautiful table set-up. I might consider this theme or flower if it's friendly pocket!
This is how our Ballroom will looked like below. This photo was taken 3 weeks ago when we first met I-lyn when she shows us around.
We've placed our deposit for 26 March 2016, Tower Ballroom!
We had accumulated 40 tables in total. Obviously, we didn't hit the Island Ballroom quota of 60 tables. I'm so glad the guys side kept it intimate as I thought we will hit 60 tables since Bee kept telling me his family will be inviting alot of their business partners & friends. Though we prefer Island Ballroom because it's bigger and has 8m ceiling where Tower Ballroom only 5m.
But I'm still very contented since the ceiling is still very high compared to other hotels and they had just revamped the Tower ballroom so everything were new!
So excited and can't wait to decide on the theme and brainstorm on my DIY!
Below is how Island Ballroom looked like.. The differences is only higher ceiling by 3m, ceiling lightning were round shape instead of square and bigger space. Other than that, everything the same :)
We get to choose the theme of the wedding, food menu (which we've chosen - required to change the dessert to Yam dessert!!! Best is no extra charge), Wedding cards :) Can't wait to discuss all these when the date are nearer hehe!
We were late for the lucky draw. Actually not really. Supposed to be at 3pm but guess they started earlier so we missed out the last few draws. Was so gan chiong and unsure if our names had already been called. So anyway, we sat down and hope that we will win something home. Haha!
Last 3 top prizes left.. Still no hear our names.......
3rd prize goes to...... xxx couple....
2nd prize goes to ........ xxx couple...
***Disappointed faces***
And finally1st prize goes to........ *drum beating*
"Joyce..............."
My eyes went BIG staring at Bee and was doubting if it was us?! Who knows there could be more than 1 Joyce out there right? Hahahaha!
until they said...
"and.... Sim Li Ming"!
Congratulations!!
Wah! Our reactions were epic when we heard our names being called out! And went up to collect our reward in a very awkward manner. Hahaha!
We won ourselves a 2 nights stay at the Suite room Shangri-la Hotel. All meals + Massage provided!!!
Ladyluck must be on us! Still couldn't believe it!
When we were placing our deposit earlier on, I-lyn was telling us we might stand a high chance winning something coz the lucky draw weres for those couples that had booked the venue today. So I guess we were really lucky!
1st prize leh! We've never won before hahahaha!!! Something to be happy about since we took so long to confirm the tables and booked the venue. As a small celebration, we went Nando's for dinner after his soccer training at Dempsey!
#347 more days to the BIG DAY!
Time to keep an eye on my diet and exercise!! I want to look good in my pre-wedding shoot in September and also on my wedding date!!!
***
Some inspirations I found online..... I was planning to DIY my own backdrop for the dessert corner during the recep.. I should start sourcing for the materials and get my ass started!
This was taken from Shangri-la Hotel Facebook. I wanted something similar like this for my solemnization. I see if I can DIY myself or not. Wa big project leh! There's so much to do! But thank god, Bee told me he will help out on this project of ours :)
And that chair sign... I can DIY myself too...
I will also be printing out photos of us and put it in a photo frame as display for our guests to view and know more about our love life :)
For the Hongbao boxes, hotel will provide but I will also be decorating it further... Something like this below is nice..
I'm a floral girl so flower might probably be in my theme... Actually I still can't think of a theme I really like because to me, as long as it's nice and comfortable to see.. more on the earth colour, I'm perfectly fine with it..
We should see how it goes along the way :)
There'll also be desserts for 200 pax by the hotel but I will still be ordering maracons..
And the "ring box". I will be also DIY-ing one for ours :)
Hope I will come out with something nice.. Gotta find one day when I'm free, go down Spotlight to buy materials and get inspirations.
***
These were us having Korean BBQ after our sight-seeing venue when we first met I-lyn in early March. Got cravings for kimchi!!
Omggg I love bacons wrapped with vegetables!
Super random posts from here...
Last 2 weeks, did some cooking for Bee after his work. It's my first time baking roasted vegetables and the responses I received were good! I foresee myself baking this often when we got our house next year hehe..
We've potatoes, carrots, zucchini, red pepper, mushrooms, onions, garlics and sprinkled it with pepper, abit of salts and olive oil.
Basically, this dish is so good and easy to make for lazy people like us. Just chopped everything dump into the oven and let it do its job for an hour!!
We had a healthy lunch over the weekends. Salad with roasted chicken! Bought the roasted chicken from Cold Storage for only $4.90. We will buy it whenever there's promo! Worth the money!
***
Long weekends.... Good friday week... Brought his youngest brother to try "Sunday Folks" but so sad we got there too late they rejected us.. So we settled for Everything With Fries..
Ordered 3 dishes for sharing :) Beers are going for 1-for-1.
Bee brought me to this place for Yogurt Ice cream. CMI!
Can't compare to llaollao. Still the best!
The purpose of this selfie is to show off my white teeth. Hahahaha! Even after I applied lipstick, my teeth still looked so white. Before my whitening, I don't really like to apply lipstick other than lipbalm as it will only makes my teeth looked yellowish which I hated it!
But now, my problem is solved :)
One of the Friday night outing with my colleagues.. 2 of my colleagues has quit :(
At Beer Market.
My salmon is so yummy!
The fried bacons also very nice!
The rest ordered Steak.
Went out with Bee & his dad on Sunday afternoon to view car.. Bee's planning to get a second-hand car! Right now, he's still looking around.
After that, he drove me for Brunch at Lola's Cafe. I remembered it was really heavily outside after we're done with our foods. Even with umbrellas, we still got wet! Bee more poor thing, he was wet everywhere hahaha! I was freezing until I asked him to turn off the air-con.
And recently, Christian Dior has launched a new product. Christian Dior Nude Air.
I got my hands on it on the day they launched at Ion Backstage! I love it so much! It's so lightweight I don't feel anything except my own skin. Love the texture!
Women money very easy to earn... The staff told me how good the compact powder was, I bought it just because she says Nude Air and the compact powder is like Husband and Wife. The effect is better. LOL!
There goes my $174. Shut up and take my money la!
That's all for this lengthy post... Shit! My Bali trip still not up! =x


















































No comments:
Post a Comment