3rd May 2014, Saturday
Today was one special day which Bee & I had been looking forward to. Fine dining @ Ocean Restaurant by Cat Cora. Not a place we would usually hang up at cos we don't really appreciate fine dining very much after an not-so-good-experience we had at White Rabbit on our 8th Anniversary, 2 years ago. Because we gotta take note of our etiquette and all which makes us felt very uneasy & stress. We're more of those cafe/coffeeshop kind haha!
But surprisingly this time, Ocean restaurant makes us felt at ease and the view was just amazinggggg!
**
We actually wanted to drive in to Sentosa but the thought of paying so much on the carpark fee just turns us off. So we took a straight train to Vivo instead :)
Our #ootd
Must dress up more presentable abit hehe afterall we're going atas restaurant to eat.
Must dress up more presentable abit hehe afterall we're going atas restaurant to eat.
Finally get to wear my black romper which I got last year from #tracyeinny.
Because..... The back was more revealing. haha! Simple & Classic just the way I like =)
I've to stick on stick-on bra. Damn paranoid it might dropped off but thankfully it was sticky and secured throughout the whole day.
I've to stick on stick-on bra. Damn paranoid it might dropped off but thankfully it was sticky and secured throughout the whole day.
Ocean Restaurant is located at Westgate.
We were told that the resturant is not at the Sea aquarium entrance so we gotta take their shuttle bus to the West gate exit where the back door is.
We were told that the resturant is not at the Sea aquarium entrance so we gotta take their shuttle bus to the West gate exit where the back door is.
Hahaha super funny! Wear so nice ended up sitting on this! =p
We were early by 15min. Our slot is at 7.30pm.
The moment we went in, they brought us to our table and these greeted us! OMG so beautiful!!!!!!
We managed to get the table directly facing the aquarium =)
We made reservation few weeks ago, hoping to secure a table next to the aquarium but at that point of time, they could not guarantee us if we're able to get the table next to the fishes until the day before the actual day, they will give us a call to inform if the table closest to the aquarium is available or else we have to do so with the table further away from the view.
We made reservation few weeks ago, hoping to secure a table next to the aquarium but at that point of time, they could not guarantee us if we're able to get the table next to the fishes until the day before the actual day, they will give us a call to inform if the table closest to the aquarium is available or else we have to do so with the table further away from the view.
But the problem is, we knew they will not be able to contact us as we'll be in JB so I told them in advance that if they can't contact me and if they're able to get us the table next to the aquarium, please just reserve it for us :)
Pay so much of coz must get the most magnificent view right?! hehe!
Pay so much of coz must get the most magnificent view right?! hehe!
Eventually, we went ahead for the dinner without knowing if we're able to get the aquarium table until we were brought to the table on the day itself!
We were excited & delighted to see this!
WOAHHHH~!!
I can do this everyday. Admiring the view while eating!
Looking through the menu.
There were limited choices so we just picked the one we liked most.
There were limited choices so we just picked the one we liked most.
Cannot stop staring!
Placed our orders and just cannot stop taking photos till the dinner ended haha!
Bread & butter were served first.
My sweet romance drink. While he had ice chocolate, he said it tasted like diluted milo haha!
Free complimentary from Chef Cat Cora. Can't remember the name of this but it tasted good.
Finally our starter came.
His - Smoked Eel
Very tasty!
And this is mine - 42°c salmon
Our main course were served next :)
His - Chicken Roulade
He loved this dish so much and kept giving compliments about his dish. It was very flavouring, delicious and the chicken was very very tender! The top of the meat is actually the taste of Truffle! We loved Truffle so much!
His - Chicken Roulade
He loved this dish so much and kept giving compliments about his dish. It was very flavouring, delicious and the chicken was very very tender! The top of the meat is actually the taste of Truffle! We loved Truffle so much!
So glad we chose the right dishes! =)
My gentleman =)
Admiring the view while enjoying his food =)
Mine main course came shortly - Hakkaido Scallop
I chose the most expensive dish among the others haha! It was $62 for a plate dude.
But I loved it so so much!!! I could't stop thinking about it man!!! I wanna eat this again! Everything in this plate were cooked to PERFECTION!
But I loved it so so much!!! I could't stop thinking about it man!!! I wanna eat this again! Everything in this plate were cooked to PERFECTION!
I love scallop! This dish is made for me hahahaha! Polished off everything on the plate!
Couldn't stop staring at the aquarium. Enjoying our foods while chatting away :)
#lifeisgood
I got to admit, we got the best view among the rest!
The waiters were very attentive.
Soon after we emptied our plates, desserts were served shortly!
His - Mont Blanc
His - Mont Blanc
And this is mine - Black Forest. Recommended by the waiter, he said this dessert very popular.
So pretty I couldn't bear to eat it!
Taking as much photos as we can cos it's a very rare occasion to be here.
I really couldn't stop laying my eyes on them!
Love this!!
Chef Cat Cora came out of her kitchen to say Hello and went every table making sure we enjoyed our foods. Really honour to try out her creativity. It was really nice & we both agreed we felt her sincere in making every dishes perfect.
Thank you for the dinner silly boy =)
The total bill came out to nearly $300. Luckily I have $225 RWS vouchers to off-set so we only top up an extra $60 for the meal hehe! Damn happy we saved so much! This kind of meal cannot eat everyday!
The total bill came out to nearly $300. Luckily I have $225 RWS vouchers to off-set so we only top up an extra $60 for the meal hehe! Damn happy we saved so much! This kind of meal cannot eat everyday!
We sat there for nearly 2 hrs before leaving with a satisfied stomach and a happy soul =D
The night ended perfectly!
The night ended perfectly!
















































No comments:
Post a Comment