Sunday, August 11, 2013

Bee's Post-ROD Surprise Trip!

Beware! This is gonna be a long post full of photos!!! ;p

***


This is a super overdue post but better late than never! Finally got down to blog about it! 

Believe it or not, it all happened in early January this year!
I don't know where I got the gut to book the flights/Hotel even before CNY to BKK for a 5D4N stay without his knowledge! Yes...  6 months in advance Haha! This is the first ever time I did all this and I must say I'm super proud of myself of handling & planning it all by myself!!

This is such an unpredictable decision coz I need to make sure everything is in place and also make sure Bee ROD is double confirmed on 31 May before I can book it!

Anyway I booked it in the end since tickets are really cheap at that point of time. Paid about $700 for flights & hotels for 5D4N? Considered it's June holiday I bet the tickets are going crazy if I booked it too late. Super kiasu me! Expenses all sponsored by me! Changed 1k for our expenses.

I wanted to give him a ROD surprise that makes it a memorable one for him :)
I'm glad it's a success! He got so shocked that we're flying off to BKK without him realizing it! Haha!!

Talk more about it in a later part.....


***

31st May 2013 - The Officially Date he ROD!

Seriously, I'm the next happiest person after him!!!
I mean, which girlfriend don't? Going thru these 2 years with him, seeing him growing from a young guy to a man. I can feel the change in him in a good way. He is more mature thinking and cherished his family ever more right now, so happy for him :)

Here's a photo I edited and uploaded to FB!

This is so heartwarming. The growing process.... I'm glad I walked this journey with him till the very end. I'm happy we made it and now continuing on a brand new journey :*)
Now that he had started schooling and working to save for our future. I can't wait for all these to happen in a few years down the road!! So many things to look forward to, together with him..
No matter how tough it may be, we will embrace and brave it thru together!


 photo Collage2013-05-2712_58_55_zpscb71a133.png


Took half day leave on that day to meet him for lunch at Vivo after he went to collect his lost-and-found NRIC! Haha! Gave him a BIG HUG when I see him!

Lunch was at our fav place, Soup spoon. We didn't want to eat too full..

 photo IMG_4821_zps283a6891.jpg

Surprised him with a ez-link card I customize-made for him few months ago :)

You like it? Now that you need it more than better!

 photo IMG_4822_zps7b7a908e.jpg

 photo 20130531_135217_zps518cc5a3.jpg

 photo IMG_4824_zps112ee6a7.jpg

Purposely chosen this photo coz it makes us won the Cheezz Studio contest! Still one of my fav photo :)

 photo IMG_4481_zps26207b1c.jpg

 photo 20130531_135117_zpse8abebb1.jpg

And also..... I did a photoframe for him all from stretch. Did the painting & drawing all by myself!

 photo IMG_4807_zps642c61d1.jpg

 photo IMG_4785_zps9c7f3621.jpg

 photo IMG_4800_zpsaa2ff347.jpg

After lunch, we went window shopping before heading for our movie, THE HANGOVER!


 photo IMG_20130531_143611_zpsdef88b1b.jpg

 photo IMG_20130531_143652_zpsf1cc699f.jpg

 photo IMG_20130531_143731_zpsbf6bcb28.jpg

 photo 20130531_164613_zps34fd6598.jpg


The day ended early, we went back home to slack and went off for dinner with his parents at ARNOLDS. I suggested to go out dinner with them coz he didn't know that he won't be able to see his parents for the next few days haha! But his parents knew I'm bringing him to BKK the very next day!
Told them to keep it a secret coz I wanted to surprise him! Very few people know about it and he's the last person who knew it Hahahaha!


He must be very tired..... Knocked off the moment we reached home...
I told him to get enough rest coz I'm bringing him to a place tomorrow! I told him I had activities lined up for him tomorrow Hahaha! So you better rest early and shave your armpit!
I told him, if you don't you will regret it hahaha!

I gave him the impression that I'm bringing him to the beach or water sports activity LOL!


 photo 20130531_222949_zps70d4f25e.jpg


***

1st - 5th June 2013 - The happening day!

Gave him a morning call at 7.30am coz we got a flight to catch at 10.40am so we needs to reach airport by 8.30am to check-in and get a good seats :)

On the previous night, I told him that I will be giving him a morning call at 7.30am so you must wake up to prepare yourself in comfortable clothes and cannot delay! He asked me if he needs to bring anything? I said you just need to bring along your hair wax and most importantly, YOURSELF! 
I was a little panic when he didn't pick up my call so I called his Home instead!

I told him I will come over and pick him up at 8.30am. So he must be at the bus-stop when I aboard the cab! 

Ohh! I forgot to mention something! I went to his house to collect his luggage and grabbed enough clothing that he usually wear, on a Sunday when he is not around at home! Haha I secretly kept his passport too! Damn funny when he didn't realised anything fishy! I asked his mom to help me keep some of his undergarments and will collect it on Sunday. Super funny when I still gotta dry it at home coz it's still wet when I collect them! Hahahaha!

***

Okay back to topic... My idea was when he boarded the cab, I will blindfold him and only remove it when we reached the Airport. But then something happened.......... -.-" Actually think of it, it was partly to blame myself la... 

When I boarded the cab, I only told the taxi uncle that I'm going 2 places. 

First - Go to Bee's place to pick him

Second - Go to Changi Airport Terminal 1


So when we reached his bus-stop, he boarded the cab and I was about to Blindfold him and pluck in the earpiece for him to listen to the music so he won't know or feel where are we heading to. 
Everything was prefect until.............

The stupid uncle opened his bloody mouth and asked......

"Miss, Terminal 1 hor?"


I'm stunned and Bee looked at me, gave me that kind of "Ohhh-I-know-where-we-are-heading-to FACE". I replied him disappointedly and in an angry tone, Yessss -.-

Super pissed off! #$%^&*(&^%$#@#%^&*


And I said to the uncle, actually he (Bee) is not supposed to know where we're heading to -.-
It's like I already told you earlier on which Terminal we're going to already, why the fuck do you still need to ask? Wrong timing somemore! At least ask me after I blindfold and pluck in the earpiece ma! 
I think the uncle knew he spoiled my surprise already he kept quiet throughout the journey LOL!

Bee looked very happy and kept smiling and laughing at me -.- Giving me the expression like I know where we're heading to already la but I will still act blur pretending I don't know anything lor. 

I'm seriously pissed at that point of time man! Kept quiet in the cab, like whatever I had done had gone down the drain just becuz of you this stupid uncle!

So when we reached Terminal 1, I told Bee, "You go down take the luggage, I will pay the cab fare"
Hahahaha! Super direct to him since he already knew my surprise to him!


 photo IMG_20130601_082904_zpsa5f67fad.jpg

After we got down the cab, passed him a note I wrote to him.. He knew we're be flying off but didn't know which country we will be heading to!

 photo PicsArt_1370886572941_zps2a06a74e.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370847338316_zpsa5bc7fd0.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1371119461048_zpsba34e904.jpg


And yup! We're flying off to BKK in 2 hours time!!! When to Jetstar counter to check-in and requested for window seats! Hehehee!!

He called back army to inform that he will be away for the next 4 days. I thought once he completed his army already still need to report back meh? Ok, whatever la.


 photo IMG_4829_zpse3bdf570.jpg

 photo IMG_4833_zps4ca4fca9.jpg

Informing of his awayness settled!

We went Wang for breakfast!

 photo IMG_4836_zpsb201f695.jpg

 photo IMG_4837_zps7e1ec1bb.jpg

Bought this at the DFS.

 photo IMG_5360_zps02ced583.jpg


Yeah! Our flight calling us!

 photo PicsArt_1370848030169_zps2259e31d.jpg

Happily in the plane!

 photo PicsArt_1370845676146_zpsc0ccb4d4.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370946559195_zps22fa1cfb.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370846652268_zpsd103b15d.jpg

After 2hr 30min.....  Arrived in the Land of Smile, Bangkok!!!

 photo PicsArt_1370888160077_zps160c6da5.jpg

This time round, we went to purchase their SIM card that can last for a week for about S$11?
Super love it coz I can upload and instagram our photos any moment here! Very convenient!

 photo IMG_4839_zps0c35f8e7.jpg

I booked 4nights stay at Budacco located at Ratchaprarop where we can easily access there by Airport Rail Link (City Line) for about S$2 (can't remember the exact amount), reached there within 25min!!

Super convenient! Avoid Jam! Cheaper and fastest way!

Our tokens to abroad the Train :) 

There's a Airport Rail Link (Express Line - slightly more ex but still afforable) that took less than 15 min to reach Ratchaprarop but we opt for the normal City Line since we no hurry!

 photo IMG_4846_zps43096e94.jpg

In the City Line train on the way to our hotel :)

Only 6 stations away!

 photo IMG_4850_zps77528bdd.jpg

This is our first time taking train to and fro to Airport/Hotel. Great experience!
Nevertheless, we enjoyed ourselves and loved the adventure! We're sporty like that! LOL!


 photo IMG_4851_zps80271248.jpg

 photo IMG_4855_zps0cb7a164.jpg

 photo IMG_4856_zps0270b0ba.jpg

 photo IMG_4857_zpsde5f1e3c.jpg


I wrote down the directions from Ratchaprarop station to our Hotel. Took us about 20min to find the Hotel located around Pratunam.

Printed out the hotel confirmation that I booked thru booking.com for about $250 for 4 nights stay!
Been looking around for affordable & convenient hotels before I decided to book Buddaco. 
Read reviews about this hotel and 99% are good reviews and since Cheryll stayed there before, she told me is good to go :) Just nice, booking.com is having some sales going on so I quickly booked our stays there. Never regret booking this hotel coz it's clean and super convenient location! Out of my curiosity, I decided to check out the price again in May, it's already fully booked! Hahaha!

Was given Welcome Drink the moment we stepped in.
They gave us Level 6 - The highest storey. There's a few diff theme colour and we got Pink!


Our home we called for 4 nights :)


 photo IMG_4858_zpsb7dd40a8.jpg

 photo IMG_4860_zps5f985569.jpg

Not bad la hor? Bee said he likes it too!

 photo IMG_4861_zps3bcc7fa9.jpg

Usually we will go for the earlier flight so we can have at least half day to shop which is why I booked the 10.40am flight to BKK. Reached there about 12.10pm BKK time.

It's a Saturday! Chatuchak also known as JJ Market. At first, I'm confused of these 2 names and thought they're diff places but after doing my research, it's actually the same places only thing some local called it as JJ Market instead.

We dropped our stuff down and quickly proceed to our very first stop, Chatuchak! Took a train from Ratchaprarop to Mo Chit BTS - nearest station to Chatuchak.

Here we are! We're very familiar here coz Chatuchak will always be our must-go place whenever we're in BKK, that's why we always visit BKK over the weekend :)

 photo IMG_4862_zps6678c855.jpg

First thing he bought are Mangos! Hahahaha.. Super cheap!

 photo IMG_4863_zps383e170a.jpg

 photo IMG_4864_zpsc7047a61.jpg

 photo IMG_4865_zps6dd26b69.jpg

 photo IMG_4866_zps45b90506.jpg

 photo IMG_4868_zps0670389d.jpg

Weather was really humid that day! Well, at least better than raining la so we're not complaining :)

 photo IMG_4873_zpsbbdfab3e.jpg

Passed by this stall selling Mango Rice!

 photo IMG_4875_zpsa5f4c29e.jpg

OMG! This is the best mango rice we ever tasted in BKK! BEST I tell you! Cheap and freshly sliced!

 photo PicsArt_1370847744983_zps5af31d7d.jpg

 photo IMG_4881_zpse99c6c2f.jpg

They used the whole mango!

 photo IMG_4883_zps97653956.jpg

 photo IMG_4885_zps66e04241.jpg

We really loved BKK coz we loved cheap stuff and also their stall food - BEST!

This is also something I'll always buy when I'm in Chatuchak!
I told him to buy it first coz I'm still very full but in the end he ate it Haha!

 photo IMG_4887_zps573cd687.jpg

 photo IMG_4888_zpsaf31a023.jpg

 photo IMG_4889_zps3d3e2940.jpg

 photo IMG_4891_zps894070bb.jpg

 photo IMG_4895_zps8b3eaf53.jpg

 photo IMG_4896_zps7ebc0d92.jpg

 photo IMG_4897_zps043120ef.jpg

 photo IMG_4899_zps3d022c23.jpg

 photo IMG_4902_zps7d9b3ab2.jpg

 photo IMG_4904_zpsc8104ac2.jpg

 photo IMG_4906_zps4d36f978.jpg

I read about this Must-try Coconut Ice cream at Chatuchak. We didn't get to try it on our past trips. We only know about this when I did research this time round. Super Sua gu us!

I planned alot for this trip, did loads of researches on new places to go where we didn't went before!


 photo IMG_4908_zps576dcc16.jpg

 photo IMG_4909_zps09550c6f.jpg

You are to choose on 2 toppings.

 photo IMG_4910_zpse4e8c869.jpg

 photo IMG_4911_zpsc54473d0.jpg

Him getting me 1 coconut ice cream! He said nothing special about it but I think it's worth trying it once la, weather so hot it's the best time to have it!

 photo IMG_4912_zps2742cdf2.jpg

 photo IMG_4913_zps33f94089.jpg

While eating my ice cream half way, we saw this stall selling Chicken Herbal noodle which is also something I would love to try! Yeah found it without much effort haha!

 photo IMG_4916_zps72235064.jpg

 photo IMG_4915_zps94ea4569.jpg

He said the soup is nice.

 photo IMG_4917_zps9525f0c4.jpg


After eating, continue our shopping and saw this stall selling all kinds of shoe designs.
Bought a pair each for my mom & his. Of coz I got a red pair of flat as well hehe! Really cheap I think about S$8?

 photo IMG_4919_zps963a8e5d.jpg

 photo IMG_4921_zpsf1986a74.jpg

 photo IMG_4925_zps0f810438.jpg

Bought hp covers for the family.

 photo IMG_4926_zps74861f10.jpg

 photo IMG_4927_zpsd40314eb.jpg

He loves trying stall food!

 photo IMG_4932_zps57a8f3c0.jpg

Whenever he saw a fruit pushcart like this, he will buy them to quench our thirst!
For me, just gimme Ice water is good enough!

 photo IMG_4937_zps49cab3ae.jpg

He bought afew T-shirt from this stall.

 photo IMG_4945_zpsd299f7ea.jpg

Soon, it was getting darker...

Those small stalls start coming out to sell things! It's becoming a night market!
We love it!

 photo IMG_4947_zps13dde02b.jpg

 photo IMG_4949_zps3896e1e1.jpg

 photo IMG_4950_zpsa1f0a41d.jpg

Yeah our buys on Day 1!
We approached this really friendly local guy to snap a photo of us!

 photo IMG_4952_zps9b34bce0.jpg

Was so tempted to buy but think of it, it's not authentic I don't want anything to happen on my face haha!

 photo IMG_4953_zpse91fd8e5.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370847077218_zps8f62d55f.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370848634398_zps92f0c6db.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370848540027_zps36b2a025.jpg

Really very crowded at night in Chatuchak!

 photo IMG_4956_zps079fba05.jpg

 photo IMG_4957_zps2d7cdae1.jpg

 photo IMG_4960_zps65cb4043.jpg

 photo IMG_4964_zpsc8ed7747.jpg


After walking non-stop for close to 5 hours, we finally decided to make a move. Wanted to head back to our hotel to bath and put down the stuffs but then we thought about it, it's too troublesome to travel to and fro this area coz we had planned to make a trip down to another night market called "Rod Fai Night Market" located at Khampaeng Phe - just a station away from Mo Chit.

So we decided to brave through our tiredness and carry through heavy stuff we bought earlier on, took a train to Khampaeng Phe and walked abour 10min to Rod Fai Night Market!

Haha poor boy carrying all the stuffs! He insisted of carrying them for me :p Not I bully him hor!


 photo PicsArt_1370885282235_zps63fe5ba8.jpg

***

Rod Fai Night Market 
BTS - Khampaeng Phet, Exit 1 and walk towards the right.


 photo IMG_4965_zps7c8bf3a6.jpg

Checkout this place!

Bee said he love this kind of night market! I myself loved it too!

 photo IMG_4968_zps31f4bbcd.jpg

This place sells alot of random stuffs and vintage stuffs can be found here!

Quite interesting browsing around hehe!

 photo IMG_4969_zpsf4a18785.jpg

 photo IMG_4971_zps0cd34573.jpg

 photo IMG_4972_zps6f71ebb2.jpg

 photo IMG_4973_zpseab80887.jpg

He bought afew tops from this guy. Super friendly and even posed for the camera haha!

 photo IMG_4974_zpsef288c32.jpg

Bee's Best Buy for this trip! A second-hand New Balance Shoe for about S$20? It's authentic fyi.

He took quite sometime picking and trying them on coz there's only 1 pair each.
Somemore his feet so big! But so glad he managed to get his size and the colour he liked!

 photo IMG_4977_zps0ed5fd39.jpg

He settled on this grey one. Not bad hor!

 photo IMG_4982_zps989a9522.jpg

WAH!! Look at those shoesssssss.....
I didn't get any of it coz I hardly wear this kind of covered shoe.

 photo IMG_4983_zps275c0340.jpg

Trying to dig some gold??!

 photo IMG_4987_zpseb915929.jpg

 photo IMG_4989_zps731ecd9b.jpg

I bought a pair for my mom :)

 photo IMG_4994_zpsde88e0ba.jpg

 photo IMG_4996_zpsee607ce3.jpg

 photo IMG_5002_zps91b4b7de.jpg

 photo IMG_5003_zpsf7331780.jpg

 photo IMG_5005_zps99c6c2ea.jpg

 photo IMG_5006_zps4811ed8a.jpg

 photo IMG_5008_zpsa4141c1e.jpg

 photo IMG_5009_zps94607b56.jpg

 photo IMG_5010_zpsfda82250.jpg

This place is really packed and humid! But we had fun, love it!

 photo IMG_5015_zps8ea4e6aa.jpg

 photo IMG_5017_zps8e1bf239.jpg

 photo IMG_5020_zps3cf13d5d.jpg

 photo IMG_5024_zpse8b91a02.jpg

 photo IMG_5025_zpsdd1620b0.jpg


I named him THE BARGAIN KING!

He's damn good at bargaining to the most ridiculous price you will never imagine!

Everytime when I failed at bargaining, he will come to my rescue! 90% successful in bargaining to the cheapest price! HAHAHAHA!


 photo PicsArt_1370922029632_zps6ad2ff01.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370849676799_zpsfeee4530.jpg

 photo IMG_5026_zps80085b42.jpg

 photo IMG_5027_zps976281d1.jpg

 photo IMG_5029_zps6e7efc4e.jpg

 photo IMG_5030_zps72a6cf41.jpg

Look at the flooring. The local can continue selling their stuffs in sucha rocky place?

Interesting eh? Hehe..


Update: I recommended this place to my colleague who actually went there 2 weeks after us, and she told me that this night market is no longer there by the time she went. We're super lucky coz it's the last day operating when we went on that very night! They have shifted to somewhere else. Quite sad about it coz we really loved that place. I think I need to find the new location so we can revisit again in Feb 2014.



 photo IMG_5033_zps6f1ec788.jpg

 photo IMG_5034_zps7603d03e.jpg

Walked around for about 2hours and decided to head back to our hotel.

 photo PicsArt_1370884824097_zpsb64cccdf.jpg

Was so freaking shagged and look at our tired & oily faces!
The dirt I wrapped away on my face is damn thick & dirty!

Took train back and luckily we got seats to rest our poor legs!

 photo PicsArt_1370922571419_zpscacefb6b.jpg

Took a bath and went down for massage!

There's a massage shop just right below our Hotel! We went there to massage on 2 nights!

1hr 30min for S$10!

 photo PicsArt_1370854047731_zpsddaeba53.jpg


After our massage, we went back to our hotel and started planning our next 3 days itinerary!
We listed down afew places to go for this trip, he scheduled  where and when to go everyday!


 photo PicsArt_1370884156161-1_zps38e5f938.jpg

Our very useful map that I printed out! Very hardworking hor me! LOL

 photo PicsArt_1370923240786_zps5c80c182.jpg

***

Day 2 - 2 June 2013

Day 2 started early, informed the staff to give us morning call at 8.30am everyday. Got ourselves prepared and went down for the complimentary breakfast.

Not much of varieties I would say. I only had Egg & pancakes so I can't be bothered to wake up every morning to have this kind of breakfast but however, Bee don't mind waking up early just to eat the free-flow of fruits. Haha! He always tries to drag me down to accompany him but I always choose to replenish my beauty sleep!


 photo IMG_5038_zps2e1901d7.jpg

 photo IMG_5039_zps23adcedc.jpg

 photo IMG_5041_zpsb00399ba.jpg


So after breakfast, I wasn't very satisfied with the food I had earlier on. We went to search for the famous Wanton Mee stall along Pratunam which is just 5min away from our hotel :)


SabX2 Wanton Mee - Soi Petchburi 19
(Directly opposite Platinum Mall)


We had this every single day for breakfast!


 photo IMG_5043_zps753b99c6.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370923865217_zps9933ddbc.jpg


When Bee saw this, he said he wanna order this!


 photo IMG_5047_zpscf8d36e3.jpg

 photo IMG_5048_zpsbd9a614e.jpg

Dishes we ordered!

 photo PicsArt_1370924252277_zpsa010bfbf.jpg

Their Chilli is the best! So so goooood! Sour kind, very appetizing!

 photo IMG_5052_zps1d5e73d4.jpg


Very tiny portion!

 photo IMG_5055_zps4ae9c548.jpg

Don't be surprised coz there were mostly Singaporean eating!

 photo IMG_5056_zpsf527bef2.jpg

 photo IMG_5060_zpsf4368942.jpg

After that, we took a Tutu over to Chutuchak! Went back there to continue our leftover shopping!
The weather was so humid! Cold water was needed!

 photo PicsArt_1370851047494_zps5086d552.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370851557278_zpse4b2a6c2.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370852472623_zpsdc059a7c.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370851503901-1_zpsa21ec228.jpg

For us, we loved sitting Tutu/train. We only took a cab once for this trip haha!

 photo IMG_5063_zps07c2998c.jpg

 photo IMG_5066_zps67e9d6d1.jpg

We passby this stall yesterday but  the Mango we wanted is sold out :(
Just so coincident, we walked pass this stall again and this time round, we would lucky!
We bought alot of dried Mangos home! It's Sugarfree.

 photo IMG_5073_zps10364519.jpg

Grabbed them all before it's gone again!

 photo IMG_5074_zps3afdbd39.jpg

It's heavy & bulky carrying so many bags of these dried goods walking around in sucha humid weather!

Haha! This ang mo super friendly to pose for the camera!

 photo IMG_5077_zps2db727c7.jpg

 photo IMG_5080_zps6fba3b52.jpg

Cold Banana Choco!

 photo IMG_5082_zpsc817eeed.jpg

 photo IMG_5086_zps71d290d7.jpg

#ootd

 photo IMG_5087_zpsdb8e6f13.jpg

 photo IMG_5090_zps92379c14.jpg

We left after 3hrs under the hot sun. Almost completed browsing thru the whole area!

Went back hotel to refresh ourselves and just nuaaaaa!

Getting fruits whenever he sees one!

 photo IMG_5091_zpse93100ca.jpg

Rest for about an hour or so before heading out again for dinner!

 photo IMG_5093_zpsa359de97.jpg


In the train towards Major Ratchayothin Night Market located at Mo Chit Station alight at "Pahonyothin" MRT station.

We didn't have the exact location coz it's not stated clearly in the website.


 photo IMG_5094_zps34605774.jpg

We're supposed to take a bus over to the night market but waited for about 15min, no bus came.
So we decided to take a cab instead.

 photo IMG_5096_zps8e7b33c4.jpg

 photo IMG_5097_zps77d7a561.jpg


This is the only information we got from the website. When you see this building that looked like a shape of an elephant (trademark to Major Ratchayothin Night Market). We showed this to the driver and he managed to drive us there.

Eh... but I don't recommend anyone to go this place coz this place is so diff from what I saw in the website. There is not much stall to shop and things there are not cheap at all. We left within an hour.
Not worth going and it is not very accessible. Kinda wasted our effort travelling all the way here! But we really like being adventurous!


 photo major-ratchayothin-night-market_zps166d7d4b.jpeg


Took a cab over back to Mo Chit then BTS to Siam Paragon.

Saw this famous KrispyKreme dounut, we each bought one to try and Bee loved it so much!

So happy they're opening a branch here in October if I don't remember correctly :)


 photo IMG_5098_zpsc0aafcf3.jpg

 photo IMG_5099_zps7665e4f8.jpg

 photo IMG_5101_zps25811dc7.jpg


We came down mainly is to try the famous dessert shop called "AFTER YOU".
The queue is freaking long, we went to walk around after we got our Queue number.


Bought some macaroons to try. Tasted like shit!


 photo IMG_5102_zps42936d4d.jpg

 photo IMG_5104_zpsc48d62dc.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370852674245_zps6b867b8c.jpg

 photo IMG_5105_zps2a860241.jpg

Yeah! It's finally our turn!

 photo IMG_5107_zps2ea6ae87.jpg

We ordered their must-try recommended "Shibuya Honey Toast".

This is so goooood! It goes well with the honey, eat it together with the Vanilla Ice cream!


 photo IMG_5108_zpscdec6f32.jpg

And also, Chocolate Lava! Yummy!!

 photo IMG_5110_zps472068d1.jpg

 photo IMG_5111_zpsb896e02c.jpg


I love KFC Spicy drumlets that only BKK has it! Will definitely order this everytime I'm in BKK.

Tasted so shiokkk!
Everything we passby any of KFC branches, Bee will asked me if I wanna eat?
Majority, my answer is a YES!



 photo IMG_5112_zps300f1a55.jpg

 photo IMG_5113_zps1df9ac11.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370853692851_zps8d89ef55.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370853160418_zps721ddd67.jpg

Day 2 ended pretty early.. Went back hotel, Tired!

***

Day 3 - 3 June 2013

I'm not joking. Wanton Mee for breakfast everyday :)

Must have it without fail! I'm missing it now! I can't wait to go back in Feb next year to celebrate our Valentine Day in BKK!! Wahahahahaha!!!


 photo IMG_5114_zps673f63ee.jpg

 photo IMG_5116_zps2caf4f81.jpg

 photo IMG_5120_zpsd8e1ef77.jpg

 photo IMG_5121_zps275b70de.jpg


 photo IMG_5123_zps8ee578a7.jpg

Day 3 was planned to spend at Platinum Fashion Mall which is only 10 min away from our hotel?

Our hotel is super convenient!


 photo IMG_5124_zps23ef514e.jpg

 photo IMG_5126_zps0e84b54a.jpg

 photo IMG_5129_zps5fe95702.jpg

 photo IMG_5131_zps928e95d8.jpg

 photo IMG_5133_zpsaa5ca846.jpg

 photo IMG_5134_zps2e78d146.jpg

 photo IMG_5136_zpsf9447879.jpg

Hahaha! Siao one this boy of mine! Silly boy :)

 photo PicsArt_1370887092774_zps8e10edbd.jpg

 photo IMG_5138_zps1f51b5f4.jpg

Managed to get a office dress from this shop for around $10 if I'm not wrong.

 photo IMG_5141_zps7aa81fa1.jpg

 photo IMG_5146_zps5be895e4.jpg

 photo IMG_5147_zps4a257fec.jpg

Took a break and here's a snap of my fav KFC spicy drumlets that I mentioned earlier on!
You have no idea how much love I had for this chicken hahaha!

 photo IMG_5150_zps38bd3545.jpg

He had his chocolate crepe! Nice & cheap :)

 photo IMG_5154_zps4ecfa0ed.jpg

 photo IMG_5155_zps9b6a0ef3.jpg


Hahahaha! The changing master! Super funny!


 photo PicsArt_1370936220506_zps63a2b9a6.jpg


We spent half day at Platinum Mall before going back hotel to put down our bagss. Got some rest before heading to Chinatown for dinner!


 photo IMG_5161_zps2082bc0e.jpg


The tutu driver dropped us right infront of the famous T&K seafood which is also the place we wanna settle for dinner that night :)

But it was still early around 6pm only, we decided to walk round the area before walking back to T&K.


 photo IMG_5163_zps41162b33.jpg

 photo IMG_5166_zps12f5c112.jpg

 photo IMG_5167_zps9d2567c5.jpg

 photo IMG_5168_zps1fca2a35.jpg

#likearelaxcat

 photo IMG_5169_zps022167a6.jpg

He bought his fav snack - Cashew nut coated with Honey!
A must-buy snack for him :)

 photo IMG_5173_zps547bfc05.jpg

 photo IMG_5174_zpsf1b8d389.jpg

Dragged the time until nearly 7pm, we went back to T&K, to our surprised, it is so crowded as compared earlier on!

We felt hungry after seeing those juicy BBQ prawns! OMGGG!

 photo IMG_5176_zps8e91f29b.jpg


We quickly placed our orders and wander around the area while waiting for our number to be called!


 photo IMG_5177_zpsa02c1ae4.jpg

There're afew other Seafood stall but don't go to other stall coz T&K is the only famous stall for seafood in Chinatown. (Remember T&K in green)

 photo IMG_5178_zpsccacb49c.jpg

 photo IMG_5181_zps486e79a6.jpg


T&K Seafood
49 - 51 soi Phadung Dao, Yaowarat Rd
(corner Thong Suphan No. 453)


 photo IMG_5184_zps805dbd62.jpg

Check out the crowd surrounded around T&K Seafood!


 photo IMG_5185_zps02742076.jpg


Hahaha! Silly boy looking hungry while waiting!


 photo IMG_5187_zps1241673f.jpg

All customers just waiting only including us!

 photo IMG_5190_zps0a7688f7.jpg


Who don't look hungry & excited after seeing these??!!


 photo IMG_5191_zps9a7efe75.jpg


Soon, our number are called within 20min. Our seats is located at Level 3. The stairs were slippery and cramp! Must be very careful while climbing up & down.


Dishes we ordered!

Tomyum Seafood! Our first Tomyum soup for this trip!
What's BKK without Tomyum?

 photo IMG_5192_zpse43457e9.jpg

Fried Garlic Prawns - Not bad. Shit! We ordered wrongly, should have ordered the BBQ prawns we saw earlier on!

Nevermind, we will go back there in Feb 2014!!! :)
Feeling so excited for the next coming trip already! Japan & BKK!!


 photo IMG_5193_zps90d9cea1.jpg


Baked Fish - Bee loved it so much and kept raving non-stop!
He said he will order this baked fish again the next time and will have it all by himself.
He said No sharing! Haha!

 photo IMG_5194_zps9bcb3452.jpg

 photo IMG_5195_zps91678e3e.jpg


 photo IMG_5196_zps5ebc81c9.jpg


Yeah! Finally another of our list striked off!


 photo IMG_5197_zps2703f437.jpg


We also ordered this Garlic crab which tasted mehhhhh~~~
Will never order this ever again! We shall sticked with our baked fish & BBQ prawns will do!


 photo IMG_5199_zpsb77a9bef.jpg

 photo IMG_5200_zps04a225d9.jpg


After our satisfied dinner, we took a cab to MBK. Nothing much to see there..


 photo IMG_5202_zps7d0a4252.jpg

 photo IMG_5203_zps0e4bf458.jpg

 photo IMG_5207_zpsfbb0d9d9.jpg

Love this photo taken below! :)

 photo IMG_5208_zps10806170.jpg

Supermarket is our Best Friend!

We loved going supermarket to check out snacks and getting some drinks home :)


 photo IMG_5212_zpsaee5bdfd.jpg

Went to catch "NOW YOU SEE ME" which haven't launched in Sg at that point of time :)
Tickets are so cheap here only S$12 for a pair?

 photo IMG_5213_zps42a72a4c.jpg

9pm show :)

The funniest part was, while we were seated inside the cinema. Suddenly, everyone stand up and the screen showing a video of their King, and the next moment, everyone singing their National Song!?

Both of us were STUNNED! Hahahahaha we were trying hard not to be disrespect or laughed!
Seriously, everyone were singing the song from their heart!
What a interesting experience!

We had a great night :)

 photo IMG_5215_zpsbefef3da.jpg

By the time we got out of the cinema, it's already almost 12am.
Luckily there's still tutu to get us home :)

 photo IMG_20130603_194651_zps02e1082f.jpg


My BEST travel companion I can have in my life! xx


 photo PicsArt_1370928776245_zps29c6abab.jpg

Showered and went down for foot massage! Hehehe #likeaking

***

Day 4 - 4 June 2013

Wanton mee for breakfast :)

 photo IMG_5216_zps702cfbbd.jpg

 photo IMG_5217_zps27ef30f2.jpg

Terminal 21
BTS - Asok


 photo IMG_5219_zps3ed40c39.jpg


It was also our 115th Monthsary!!!

First time celebrating our Monthsary in BKK! Something new & fresh :)
I love you my silly boy xx

 photo PicsArt_1370936499366_zps37fa934c.jpg

 photo IMG_5220_zps57a45f9c.jpg

I bought a pair of black heel & he got a top from H&M :)

 photo IMG_5224_zps2f6ab93f.jpg

 photo IMG_5226_zps93ca9a61.jpg

 photo IMG_5229_zps8c8cf8b1.jpg


First time trying Red Mango and we loved it :)

At first, I asked him if he wanna try and he said No. Ok fine then I shall eat it all by myself.
I passby a sandal shop, I asked him to hold for me, after I tried on the sandal and bought it.
The next moment, saw him licking my Red Mango happily and said very Nice leh!

I gave him a -.-" face and said, thought you said don't want eat just now?

He just "Hehehehehehehe =D"

Full of nonsense!


 photo PicsArt_1370929716947_zps4d96ea56.jpg

 photo IMG_5233_zps58c09c2f.jpg

Nothing much to shop there actually. However, we bought some thai snacks from a shop at Terminal 21. Selling very cheap!

Took train back to our hotel and saw the train railway!

 photo IMG_5235_zps59294c04.jpg

 photo IMG_5239_zpsedb5f9be.jpg

 photo IMG_5241_zps287b226b.jpg

Buying fruits again!

 photo IMG_5243_zpsa8a15658.jpg

 photo IMG_5249_zps3d8f1dcd.jpg

Basically, just nuaaaa in the hotel room only haha!
Waiting for the time to pass for dinner!

 photo IMG_5250_zps59202e35.jpg


It was finally dinner time, slowly made our way to "Khrua Nai Baan" also known as "Home Kitchen"

__

Khrua Nai Baan
94 Langsuan Road, Lumpini
Pathumwan Bangkok 10330
Nearest BTS, Ratchadamri (5 min walk)
or Skytrain, Chidlom Station

We managed to find the exact location but recognising the logo while sitting inside the tutu!
 
 photo IMG_5256_zps34ee61a4.jpg


Home Kitchen is more to the local so you hardly see foreign like us dining this place.

This place also can be compared to the famous "Somboon Seafood". We haven't try Somboon seafood before so we were comtemplating whether to go Somboon Seafood or Home kitchen coz we were only left with 1 last night in BKK so we decided to visit Home Kitchen instead.

Much cheaper and more authentic Thai food served.


 photo IMG_5268_zps01c8d913.jpg

The scallops is the BESTTTT!!

Checkout the amount served for a plate like this for just S$8???

 photo IMG_5272_zps3788bd04.jpg

 photo IMG_5273_zps8b7c5597.jpg

We preferred the Tomyum we had at T&K.

 photo IMG_5275_zps7812bb18.jpg

The black pepper crab is soooo goood!! OMGG I could die!!!
This crab costed the most on our bill!

 photo IMG_5276_zpsdd3f88e4.jpg

 photo IMG_5277_zps6c15d638.jpg

 photo IMG_5278_zps8e0f84c4.jpg

 photo IMG_5279_zps81de381a.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370933540457_zps051a9ca6.jpg

On our last dinner in BKK, we eat until no money! Hahahahaha!

Decide to visit 4-faces Temple at Chit Lom. We walked all the way till for about 25min?

 photo IMG_5292_zps08a1f81a.jpg

 photo IMG_5283_zpse3b56ff2.jpg

In the past, we usually came here in the day time but for this trip, we went at night which is might cooling. Not so humid!

 photo IMG_5284_zpsf1b1b93c.jpg

 photo IMG_5287_zpse74ab710.jpg

 photo IMG_5291_zpscb6a05da.jpg

 photo IMG_5293_zps2ea9ae1c.jpg

 photo IMG_5295_zps69b6465d.jpg

The nightlife of BKK!

 photo IMG_5297_zpsc60888fe.jpg

 photo IMG_5298_zps62bf5c03.jpg

 photo IMG_5299_zps8816d9e2.jpg

 photo IMG_5303_zps5470320c.jpg

We never noticed that we were only left with 100baht =p

I used it to buy a dress from the night stall along Siam and there goes our last 100baht!

Panic when we realized that we will left with no more Thai money only Sing dollars! The shopping mall were closing, no money changer around, we didn't activate our ATM card so we can't draw money out, checked with Novetel hotel but they only allowed to exchange currency with their own customer, so bee said we should walked back to our hotel (15 min by fast pact) and see if there're any money changer around. If yes, we will go back hotel to get our sg money to change and take a tutu back to Siam if don't have, then just too bad, head back to hotel for an early night :(

As we were walking back towards our hotel, so happy we saw a money changer shop closing at 11.30pm, we told them to wait for us, we hurried back to our hotel to get our sg dollar.

After changing, we took a tutu back to Siam to continue our shopping hahahaha!
Damn scary moment!


 photo IMG_5305_zpsed7ac4ce.jpg

 photo IMG_5306_zps1c39fc50.jpg

On our way back to hotel, we bought beer from 7-11 :)


 photo IMG_5310_zpsbd7b9af1.jpg

Packing is the most headache part!

The bags that were accumulated since Day 1 of our trip!

You need some packing skill to stuff all of these into the luggage!


 photo IMG_5311_zps8c0e612d.jpg

Love my sandal that I got from Terminal 21 :) For only S$10!
Got some many colours to choose from but I ended up getting this pair :)

 photo IMG_5315_zps452d71bf.jpg

Our happy buys!!! Hahahahahaha! We didn't buy much from this trip though. Half of it were for our friends & family.

 photo IMG_5323_zps75a4637a.jpg

My accessories! Love them all! I really picked all these from the whole loot of many accessories.
I see until I blur also haha!

 photo IMG_5327_zps8ef3121f.jpg

The snacks we brought back!

 photo IMG_5328_zpse81fb9e1.jpg

***

Last day - 5 June 2013

Soon... it was the last day of this trip :(
Happy time always passed so quickly!

My very last day of my fav wanton mee!

 photo IMG_5330_zps537ef11b.jpg

 photo IMG_5331_zpsf70e9b04.jpg

 photo IMG_5332_zps0201adec.jpg

 photo IMG_5335_zpsa52f7382.jpg

 photo IMG_5339_zps3db4bc58.jpg

 photo IMG_5340_zps057c1b13.jpg

 photo IMG_5342_zps921768ac.jpg

 photo IMG_5343_zps5bebc3ea.jpg

 photo IMG_5344_zps88be1cdf.jpg

 photo IMG_5345_zps7c7ac4f6.jpg

Last day were spent relaxing around..

 photo IMG_5346_zpsd7d34745.jpg

We popped by Siam Center :)

 photo IMG_5348_zpse7f508a8.jpg

 photo IMG_5350_zpsced75f9f.jpg

 photo IMG_5351_zps82faee60.jpg

 photo IMG_5353_zps74abad88.jpg

 photo IMG_5355_zps6bd3fdab.jpg

And then, hopped over for AFTER YOU dessert again!

Our must-visit places already hehe!

 photo PicsArt_1370934019183-1_zpsc2eebf5d.jpg


Checking out the hotel and got back our 1000baht deposit that we placed on Day 1.
Taking the Airport Rail Link (City Line) to Suvarnabhumi Airport.


 photo PicsArt_1370938427477-1_zps787cfe3c.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370937831654_zps23995268.jpg

Checking in our heavy luggages!

 photo 20130605_171315_zpsfbb38b1e.jpg

Catching our 8.05pm flight home :)

My DSLR is in the bag so all this photos were taken by my S2!

 photo PicsArt_1370883837856_zpsb1d4fdf7.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370956184513_zps8000cad9.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370942355000_zps816081cc.jpg

 photo PicsArt_1370942432636_zpsea54c00d.jpg

Last photo of this trip before boarding in :)

 photo PicsArt_1370941424940_zps19bdea59.jpg

We took Scoot home and I pre-order our dinner :)

 photo PicsArt_1370941908881_zpsa2eadfba.jpg


 Some places which we have no time to cover this time round were Chocolate Ville, Asiatique, Maeklong Railway Market, Greyhound Cafe for Red Velvet Waffles at Siam, Somboon Seafood, Som Tam Nua Resturant! We shall continue to check them up on our next BKK trip in 14 Feb 2014.

Nevertheless, We felt that this trip brought us even closer and also a closing and a beginning of a new journey ahead of us ;)

xx

No comments: